Handling Hazardous Material Training
OTA members: $229
The OTA is hosting a Handling Hazardous Materials Training on Tuesday, August 16 from 8:30am – 4:30pm at their headquarters in Westerville.
Tad Rumas, Hazardous Material Specialist with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO), will focus on the proper handling and transport of hazardous material. This comprehensive training will include a deep dive into the following areas:
- Hazardous Material Regulations;
- training requirements for employers and employees;
- packaging, marking and labeling;
- shipping documents;
- emergency response information;
- placarding requirements; and
- understanding security threats.
The price to attend this training is $229 for OTA members and $299 for non-members – the training will also include a continental breakfast and lunch. Course material includes the current Hazmat Regulations Book (49 CFR), Emergency Response Handbook (ERG) and the current DOT 17 chart. Attendees who are successful on a short written exam will receive a certification for hazmat handlers.
About the Trainer:
The instructor for the session is Tad Rumas, Hazardous Material Specialist with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio. Mr. Rumas is a North American Certified Inspector in Level 1 Driver/Vehicle inspections, Hazardous Materials, Cargo tank and other bulk packages, Level VI radioactive inspections, and maintains his HM Technician certification. He currently supervises HM Specialists and Safety Investigators responsible for conducting investigations of motor carriers and other entities that offer and/or transport Hazardous Materials on our public highways. Prior to joining the PUCO, Mr. Rumas served as a Nuclear, Biological, Chemical warfare Instructor in the U.S. Marine Corps.
8:30 AM Training Begins
12:00 PM Lunch
4:30 PM Training Concludes
Our refund policy is as follows:
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel more than 10 days before the course.
- You will receive a 75% refund if you cancel more than 3 days before the course.
- You will receive no refund if you cancel less than 3 days before the course.