Hours of Service Training
OTA/OAM Members: $79
This course will be an overview of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) property-carrying vehicles Hours of Service (HOS) regulations and interpretations. Specific topics include:
- Applicability of the HOS Rules and Exceptions
- Maximum Driving and On-Duty Time Reviews
- Completing Qualifying Breaks and Restarts
- Enforcement Personnel’s Expectations Regarding Roadside Inspection, Safety Audit, and Investigation
- Compliance with HOS Rules Using Timesheets, Paper Grid Logs, and ELDs
- Conditions Resulting in Being Declared Out of Service
- Log Exercises
- Transfer of ELD Data
The instructor for the course is Tom Forbes with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio. Tom is a North American Certified Inspector in Level 1 driver and vehicle inspections, hazardous materials, cargo tank and other bulk packages, and Level VI radioactive inspections. He was formerly employed with the Ohio State Fire Marshal’s office in the Hazardous Materials Bureau and responded to transportation emergencies. He also spent 14 years in the private sector for an environmental consulting firm that managed and shipped hazardous materials and waste.
8:00 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 AM Session Begins
12:00 PM Session Concludes
Our refund policy is as follows:
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel more than 10 days before the course.
- You will receive a 75% refund if you cancel more than 3 days before the course.
- You will receive no refund if you cancel less than 3 days before the course.