DOT Compliance Seminar
(CLICK HERE for steps OTA is taking to keep you safe while you attend a training at our office.)
OTA Members: $199
If the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) comes to your shop for a compliance audit and finds just one violation, fines could range from $500 to $28,000. Depending on the violations, USDOT could suspend your entire operation. Shouldn't your compliance be as up-to-date as possible? OTA is offering a seminar that can help you be prepared.
Who Should Attend:
Professional drivers, safety, operations, compliance and maintenance professionals whose responsibilities require them to be up to speed on all US DOT compliance requirements. This course is designed for professionals who are new to motor carrier safety, as well as those who wish to stay current with changing rules and regulations.
Topics Covered Include:
- What is a DOT Compliance?
- How are safety ratings determined? What are your rights and responsibilities?
- Part 382 – Drug/ Alcohol Testing
- Part 383 – CDL Regulations Serious Traffic Violations
- Part 387 – Financial Responsibility
- Part 390 – Marking and Accident Reporting
- Part 391 – Qualification of Drivers
- Part 392 – Driving Motor Vehicles
- Parts 393 & 396 – Maintenance/ Inspection
- Part 395 - Hours of Service
- DOT Log Accuracy Checks
Course material includes the management edition of the FMCSR (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations), and sample copies of all required forms. Attendees will also receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Instructors for this course are Jerry Ogle and L. Wayne Andrews of Marvin Johnson & Associates. Jerry has been with Marvin Johnson & Associates since January 2008 and previously spent over ten years in transportation safety and other management roles for companies with 200+ power units. He is experienced in both DOT and Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA) compliance. Wayne joined Marvin Johnson in August 2014 after being employed with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Prior to the FMCSA, Wayne served for 20 years with the Indiana State Police, retiring as the captain of Commercial Vehicle Enforcement.
8:30AM: Session Begins
1:00PM: Session Resumes
2:15PM: Session Resumes
4:00PM: Session Concludes
Our refund policy is as follows:
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel more than 10 days before the course.
- You will receive a 75% refund if you cancel more than 3 days before the course.
- You will receive no refund if you cancel less than 3 days before the course.