DOT Hazardous Materials Training
Join OTA Institute for a comprehensive 1-day session focusing on the proper and legal handling and transport of hazardous material. This training will be held at the OTA Training Center in Westerville, from 8am-4pm on Tuesday, November 30.
Topics will include:
- Hazardous Material Regulations;
- training requirements for employers and employees;
- packaging, marking and labeling;
- shipping documents;
- emergency response information;
- placarding requirements; and
- understanding security threats.
Course material includes the current Emergency Response Handbook (ERG) and the current DOT 16 chart. Attendees who are successful on a short written exam will receive a certification through email.
About the Trainer:
The instructor is Mike Alston, CHMM, CDGP, Owner of Transportation Compliance Associates, Inc (TCA). Mike is an accomplished Logistics and Hazardous Material Professional. Mike spent 32 years in industry with Aristech Chemical, Sunoco Inc, and Westinghouse as their Corporate Hazardous Material Manager. TCA is an Allied Member of OTA, and provides training, consulting and auditing services to companies across the United States, Canada and Mexico for all modes of transportation including trucking, rail, air and vessel.
8:00 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM Session Begins
12:00 PM Lunch
4:00 PM Session Concludes
Our refund policy is as follows:
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel more than 10 days before the course.
- You will receive a 75% refund if you cancel more than 3 days before the course.
- You will receive no refund if you cancel less than 3 days before the course.