Ohio Trucking Safety Council - July Program
Tim Dimoff, CEO/President of SACS Consulting and Investigative Services, will discuss basic cybersecurity pitfalls prevention at the July OTSC meeting. Dimoff’s presentation discusses how to effectively address basic cybersecurity to safeguard your internet practices to protect you from scams, viruses, identity loss and more.
- Understand the most common threats
- Learn the definitions of cybersecurity
- Identify the characteristics of money-wiring traps
- Discuss spyware, phishing and smishing
- Learn the best practices to protect your PC, email, social media, iCloud and more
About the Speaker:
Timothy A. Dimoff, CPP, a multi-certified, award-winning and internationally-recognized security and HR management consultant, speaker, author, media commentator and expert witness is president and founder of SACS Consulting & Investigative Services, Inc., a high-risk HR and security consulting and investigation firm located in Akron, OH.
Dimoff is an internationally board Certified Protection Professional (CPP); a registered national security and HR expert with the Technical Advisory Service for Attorneys (TASA); a member of the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS); a member of InfraGard, a joint professional organization between the FBI and security professionals; a member of The National Council of Investigation & Security Services (NCISS); a member of the Ohio Association of Security & Investigative Services ((OASIS,); and a nationally certified ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) training instructor.
Dimoff was named Ohio’s Top Police Officer in 1989; was awarded the International Narcotics Special Award of Honor in 1991; and provided security for the 2016 National Republican Convention in Cleveland, OH.
Dimoff is the author of Life Rage, and training programs on workplace violence, active shooter, sexual harassment and self-defense. He has provided commentary for newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, Internet and print media worldwide. Dimoff serves as an expert witness throughout the United States. He holds a B.S. in Sociology, with an emphasis in criminology, from Dennison University.
11:00AM - Registration
11:30AM - Lunch
12:15PM - Program Begins
* Note that each registered attendee will receive lunch
- If you cancel more than 48 hours before the meeting, no fee will be charged.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of the meeting, no fees will be refunded.
- No shows are responsible for 100% of the meeting fees.