OTA Institute: Cargo Tank Inspection Training
Member Rate: $450
Non-Member Rate: $550
OTA Institute is proud to offer a two-day, in-person training session on cargo tank inspection, testing and repair, to be held Tuesday, Feb. 8 and Wednesday, Feb. 9, from 8am-4pm each day, at the OTA Training Center in Westerville. This course is designed for bulk carrier technicians and repair facility personnel.
This interactive training program will cover:
- Overview of Part 180;
- Pressure, Leakage, and Thickness Tests;
- Internal, External, and Lining Inspections;
- Special Tests and Inspection Conditions;
- Tank Markings and Compliance Dates;
- Documentation and Record Keeping;
- Inspector Qualifications;
- Compliance and Enforcement Issues.
All registrants will receive training materials prior to the start of training. Certificates of completion will be given after completion of the training and exam.
About the Instructor:
Your instructor for this program is Arthur Fleener, owner of Fleener Consulting LLC.
Art Fleener retired as a Hazardous Materials Program Manager from the United States Department of Transportation in May 2019 after 32 years of service. During his time with the USDOT, Art worked extensively with companies that manufacture, repair and test cargo tanks. Art developed the cargo tank testing and inspection workshop for industry, teaching his first class nearly 25 years ago. Since then Art has taught classes all over the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Our refund policy is as follows:
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel more than 10 days before the course.
- You will receive a 75% refund if you cancel more than 3 days before the course.
- You will receive no refund if you cancel less than 3 days before the course.