OTA Institute: Compliance Review
OTA Members: $249
The OTA is hosting a Compliance Review Training on Tuesday, September 27 at their headquarters in Westerville. This all-day training, led by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO), will explain the process of an FMCSA/USDOT Compliance Review. Additionally, they will discuss how the review will be conducted. The class will be broken down into segments according to the FMCSA Safety Management System's "BASIC(s)." Attendees are encouraged to ask questions and voice their comments and concerns.
- Cycle of a Roadside Inspection
- Introduction of the SMS BASIC(s)
- Carrier Required Documentation
- Investigation by BASIC (unsafe driving, crash indicator, Hours of Service compliance, vehicle maintenance, Drug & Alcohol compliance, Hazardous Materials and driver fitness)
Attendees will receive a copy of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Handbook, the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) Out-of-Service Criteria Handbook and supplemental handouts (materials valued over $75). Lunch will also be provided. The price to attend this training is $249 for OTA members and $449 for non-members.
8:30AM Session Begins
4:30PM Session Concludes
About the Trainers:
Mike Lent works for the PUCO as a Hazardous Materials Investigation Specialist, focusing on compliance review, safety audits and roadside inspections. He has also held the position of Safety Investigator. Prior to joining the PUCO, he was a Driver Trainer for several private fleets. Lent was also a US Army Military Policeman assigned to the 165th MP.
Joe Frilling works for the PUCO as a Hazardous Materials Investigation Specialist, focusing on compliance review, safety audits and roadside inspections. Prior to joining the PUCO, he was a full time roadside CMV inspector with the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
Our refund policy is as follows:
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel more than 10 days before the course.
- You will receive a 75% refund if you cancel more than 3 days before the course.
- You will receive no refund if you cancel less than 3 days before the course.