OTA Institute: DOT Compliance Seminar in Toledo
OTA Members: $199
OTA is proud to offer a 1-day, comprehensive seminar on the fundamentals of being compliant with the seemingly endless array of DOT regulations. This program is designed to help safety, operations, compliance, and maintenance professionals, whose responsibilities require them to be knowledgeable on all current DOT compliance requirements.
Carrier representatives need to be better prepared to handle governmental audits, since DOT violations can lead to substantial fines. Whether you are new to motor carrier safety, or a seasoned professional looking to stay up to date on changes in the regulations, this course is tailor-made to accommodate you.
Topics Covered Include:
- What is a DOT Compliance?
- How are safety ratings determined? What are your rights and responsibilities?
- Part 382 – Drug/ Alcohol Testing
- Part 383 – CDL Regulations Serious Traffic Violations
- Part 387 – Financial Responsibility
- Part 390 – Marking and Accident Reporting
- Part 391 – Qualification of Drivers
- Part 392 – Driving Motor Vehicles
- Parts 393 & 396 – Maintenance/ Inspection
- Part 395 - Hours of Service
- DOT Log Accuracy Checks
Course material includes the management edition of the FMCSR (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations), and sample copies of all required forms. Attendees will also receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Instructors for this course are Jerry Ogle and L. Wayne Andrews of Marvin Johnson & Associates. Jerry has been with Marvin Johnson & Associates since January 2008 and previously spent over ten years in transportation safety and other management roles for companies with 200+ power units. He is experienced in both DOT and Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA) compliance. Wayne joined Marvin Johnson in August 2014 after being employed with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Prior to the FMCSA, Wayne served for 20 years with the Indiana State Police, retiring as the captain of Commercial Vehicle Enforcement.
8:30AM: Session Begins
1:00PM: Session Resumes
2:15PM: Session Resumes
4:00PM: Session Concludes
Our refund policy is as follows:
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel more than 10 days before the course.
- You will receive a 75% refund if you cancel more than 3 days before the course.
- You will receive no refund if you cancel less than 3 days before the course.