OTA Institute: Handling Hazardous Material Training
Wednesday, March 29, 2023 (8:30 AM - 4:30 PM) (EDT)
The OTA is hosting a Handling Hazardous Materials Training on Wednesday, March 29 from 8:30am – 4:30pm at their headquarters in Westerville.
Tad Rumas, Hazardous Material Specialist with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO), will focus on the proper handling and transport of hazardous material. This comprehensive training will include a deep dive into the following areas:
- Hazardous Material Regulations;
- training requirements for employers and employees;
- packaging, marking and labeling;
- shipping documents;
- emergency response information;
- placarding requirements; and
- understanding security threats.
The price to attend this training is $299 for OTA members and $399 for non-members – the training will also include a continental breakfast and lunch. Course material includes the current Hazmat Regulations Book (49 CFR) and the current DOT 17 chart. Attendees who are successful on a short written exam will receive a Certificate of Completion.
8:30 AM Training Begins
12:00 PM Lunch
4:30 PM Training Concludes
About the Trainer:
The instructor for the session is Tad Rumas, Hazardous Material Specialist with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio. Mr. Rumas is a North American Certified Inspector in Level 1 Driver/Vehicle inspections, Hazardous Materials, Cargo tank and other bulk packages, Level VI radioactive inspections, and maintains his HM Technician certification. He currently supervises HM Specialists and Safety Investigators responsible for conducting investigations of motor carriers and other entities that offer and/or transport Hazardous Materials on our public highways. Prior to joining the PUCO, Mr. Rumas served as a Nuclear, Biological, Chemical warfare Instructor in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Nearby Hotel Options:
Renaissance Columbus Westerville – Polaris
409 Altair Pkwy, Westerville, OH 43082
Aloft Columbus Westerville
32 Heatherdown Dr., Westerville, OH 43081
Our refund policy is as follows:
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel more than 10 days before the training.
- You will receive a 75% refund if you cancel more than 3 days before the training.
- You will receive no refund if you cancel less than 3 days before the training.
- No shows are responsible for paying 100% of the registration fees.
OTA members: $299
655 Cooper Road
Westerville, OH 43081