OTA Institute: Leadership Development for Emerging Leaders
Thursday, June 29, 2023 (9:30 AM - 2:30 PM) (EDT)
A Three-Part Series Designed to Take Your Leadership Skills to the Next Level
The OTA is hosting a three-part leadership series for emerging and mid-level leaders. Led by leadership expert Ruth Bowdish with On Demand Healthcare, participants will gain the necessary skills to tackle current, real-world challenges and become more confident in their ability to lead a team.
Attend one or all sessions to learn how to adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of your employees while creating an environment that encourages productivity and increases job satisfaction.
Session 1: Psychological Safety & Emotional Intelligence
Thursday, June 29, 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Create a safe working environment where employees won’t be punished or humiliated for speaking up with ideas, questions, or concerns
- Understand and manage your own emotions, as well as recognize and influence the emotions of those around you
Session 2: Multi-Generational Leadership, Diversity & Cultural Sensitivity
Tuesday, August 22, 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- How to communicate with, and draw out the strengths of, each working group
- Encourage each employee, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, or origin, to bring their talents and skills to your organization
Session 3: Communication, De-escalation & Conflict Resolution
Tuesday, October 17, 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Achieve effective communication in the workplace
- Learn the art of giving feedback to help employees achieve their goals
- Identify key strategies for calming a situation before it escalates
- Find a way to meet the common goal – even when employees do not see eye-to-eye
Individual sessions are $149 for OTA members and $199 for non-members. Attend all three sessions for $399 for OTA members and $499 for non-members. All sessions will be hosted at the Ohio Trucking Association headquarters in Westerville and include lunch. Attendees can attend one or all sessions.
Ohio Trucking Association Training Center
655 Cooper Road
Westerville, OH 43081
About the Trainer:
Ruth Bowdish is the Managing Director for On Demand Healthcare, a published author, and a successful life coach. After earning her master’s degree in psychology, she became a certified employee assistance professional, a substance abuse professional, and is currently a licensed independent chemical dependency counselor. Eventually, using her experience and knowledge, Ruth moved into the role of a nationwide consultant, trainer, and speaker. As a consultant, Ruth has provided invaluable information to create strong teams with strong leaders. As a counselor and coach, she has provided guidance in navigating personal difficulties that are holding people back from being the most successful versions of themselves. She has brought her knowledge and passion to conferences and industries nationwide to help increase awareness and understanding of some of the most challenging topics plaguing our society today.
Our refund policy is as follows:
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel more than 10 days before the training.
- You will receive a 75% refund if you cancel more than 3 days before the training.
- You will receive no refund if you cancel less than 3 days before the training.
- No shows are responsible for 100% of the registration fees.
Individual sessions are $149 for OTA members and $199 for non-members. Attend all three sessions for $399 for OTA members and $499 for non-members.
655 Cooper Road
Westerville, OH 43081 United States
- Session 1: Psychological Safety & Emotional Intelligence - Thursday, June 29, 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Session 2: Multi-Generational Leadership, Diversity & Cultural Sensitivity - Tuesday, August 22, 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Session 3: Communication, De-escalation & Conflict Resolution - Tuesday, October 17, 9:30 am – 2:30 pm